ADULT SAILING PROGRAM INFORMATION & REGISTRATION
PLEASE NOTE: In order to use one of the Club’s Ideal 18s you must be a CERTIFIED SKIPPER and sign the FLEET USAGE AGREEMENT. This must be done EVERY YEAR so that we can keep the registry current.
Forms must be completed and returned to the Commodore
2017 Rocky Point Club Regattas:
- Independence Day Regatta - Saturday, July 1
- Practice Regatta 1 - Sunday, July 9
- Commodore’s Cup Regatta - Saturday, July 15
- Practice Regatta 2 - Saturday, July 22
- Student “You Gotta” Regatta - Saturday, July 29
- Family Fun Regatta - Sunday, August 6
- Labor Day Regatta - Saturday, September 2
(Skippers meeting at noon, First start at 1pm)
The regattas are open to all ages and all boat classes. Pre-registration will be required to insure fair boat assignments, adequate staffing, and prizes. Junior sailors will register through their instructors. Adult sailors must register with the Commodore.
Tuesday Evening Recreational Sailing: Meet up at Rocky Point for a relaxing evening sail. Crews will be arranged based on participants. Beginners are welcome. No experience necessary. Series begins in July, 5:00 pm.
Thursday Evening Casual Racing: We will join Stamford Yacht Club’s Ideal 18 fleet for casual (non-spinnaker) racing near the breakwater. Series begins in July, 5:00 pm.
Adult Basic Sailing Course: This is a great course for beginners or anyone wanting a sailing refresher. The course will cover rigging, mooring, tacking, jibing, points of sail, knots, etc. See the Adult Sailing Signup Sheet for dates and details.
Adult Advanced Sailing Course: This course is for more experienced sailors or anyone who has already taken the Basic course. The course will focus on racing techniques and spinnaker use. See the Adult Sailing Signup Sheet for dates and details.
Teen Basic Sailing Course : This course is the same as the Adult Basic Sailing Course, but for high school teenagers. See the Adult Sailing Signup Sheet for dates and details.
In addition to the above program offerings, the Club’s Ideal 18s are available for use for an hourly rental fee by any member who has been certified as a skipper. Private lessons are also available from any of our instructors and coaches, just ask!
*** ALL SAILORS MUST BE CERTIFIED BY EITHER THE CLUB MANAGER
OR THE COMMODORE BEFORE SIGNING OUT AN IDEAL ***
NEW!!! To subscribe to the Rocky Aquatics Calendar on your PC, Mac, iPhone or Android device add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Google or iCal application.
- Click the down-arrow next to My calendars
- Select Add a friend's calendar from the menu
- Enter the email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org in the field provided, then click the Add button
- In iCal, choose Calendar > Subscribe.
- Enter the web address below for the calendar and then click Subscribe.
- Type a name for the calendar in the Name field and choose a calendar color from the adjacent pop-up menu.
Use this address to access your calendar from other applications. You can copy and paste this into any calendar product that supports the iCal format.